Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Photo Experiment

I've recently been totally captivated by a blog I came across called "Everyday Photos".  It's a beautiful photo diary of a young photographer mom of three little girls.  She has determined to post one picture a day for an entire year.  It could be a photo of her adorable little girl taking a nap, or a snapshot of a cardinal she saw sitting in the road, or even a beautiful flower.  She's very talented and I find it inspirational!  Whether the picture is beautiful, shocking, or melancholy, it draws me in. 
collage of us

So, I've decided to do my own version of this for a week, starting this past Sunday.  Obviously, this will not compare to her blog!  Her pictures are beautiful and professional, skillfully capturing moments in her family's life that she'll treasure forever.  My expectation is quite different.  I just want to snap one pic a day of something that inspires me or surprises me that particular day.  Maybe something I see while driving to work that I snap quickly with my camera phone; or something that makes me laugh, like my dogs playing in the back yard.  We live in a beautiful world - God has created a masterpiece.  I'm just going to try to capture it in my unique perspective for one week.  Should be fun!! 
 
Stay tuned.  I'll post the pics on Saturday.

No comments: