Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Here We Go Again!

Once upon a time, I was little - and by little, I mean thin.  And I liked it!  It was so much more fun!  I could go shopping, pull something off the rack and just slip it on.  Voila!  Instant awesome!  Now I find myself 20-some years and none-of-your-business-how-many-pounds later -- and it's not so fun. 

I can't blame it on baby weight anymore - my "baby" is 20 years old!  I can't blame it on good, old fashioned good cooking because we don't get home from work until 6:30 or 7:00, so I rarely cook.  I can't even blame it on being too busy to exercise - my current work schedule allows me to be home every morning.  I just love to eat!

But I have a deadline, a goal and a plan. 
  • My deadline is October 15 - my son's wedding date.  We're also planning a sister/daughter cruise the day after the wedding.  If that doesn't motivate me, nothing will. 
  • My goal is to lose about 50 pounds, to start with.
  • My plan is to eat less and exercise.  Seems simple enough, right? 

I'm tired of being fat.  Time to get serious.  Again.  Stay tuned.

No comments: