Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Put the "Pro" in Procrastination

I don't know about you, but I am a procrastinator.  I'll do it later.  There's always tomorrow.  Problem is, those "laters" and "tomorrows" never seem to come.  I'm not talking about everyday cleaning or laundry.  (Don't get me wrong!  I procrastinate on those things, too, but they eventually get done based on pure necessity.)  What I'm talking about are those nagging little "projects" that haunt me year after year.  For example, these are the projects I am determined to accomplish in 2011:
  • Sort and display our mountain of photographs.  There are at least two big bins full of photos that no one is enjoying.  My goal is to discard the duds, sort and organize the good photos into albums, and frame and display some of the best.  No need to hold on to all those scenery pictures that no one cares about, or the poorly focused snapshot of the kids' "pet" caterpillar in a jar.  Weed 'em out.  Put 'em in a book.  Get 'em on the wall.
  • Organize my "loose" recipes into a binder.  I have recipes from magazines, handwritten on napkins, printed off the computer - most of which I've never made yet.  A tidy little binder, categorized into appetizers, veggies, meats, desserts, etc. would be so much more convenient.  Of course, I'd be sure to write notes on the margins of how I added to or changed the recipe.  This binder is something I could pass down to Cassie to share with her family. 
  • Transfer our home videos to DVD.  We bought a special VCR/DVD machine for this very purpose about 5 years ago and have yet to transfer anything.  Those video tapes are degrading as I type this!  I'm suddenly feeling a sense of urgency to get this done before the tapes are worthless.  (Note to self:  move this to #1 on my list.)
  • Get artwork framed.  My brother-in-law, Craig, painted a beautiful portrait of Cassie when she was about 6 years old and a sketch of Nick and Cassie together a couple years later.  They are still sitting there, waiting to be taken to the frame shop so they can be hung on the wall.  Cassie's now 20 years old.  C'mon now!  That's just ridiculous!
So, now I just have to get busy and get these things done.  Get started.  Pick something and do it.  Back away from the blog!

No comments: